The Heritage Days Festival & Draft Horse, Mule & Haflinger Show will be held June 9-11, 2017, at the Martinsville Fairgrounds, 620 S. York Street, and the Linn Park Amphitheater, one block east of downtown Martinsville, Illinois, near Cumberland & Mill Street.
All events are FREE!
Highlights of the Festival will include:
1. Horse & Mule Pull. Friday afternoon beginning at 4:00 p.m. in front of the Grandstand at the Fairgrounds.
2. Friday evening, "The Lloyd Wood Show" at the Linn Park Amphitheater.
An evening of fun and great music! The pride of Indiana, Lloyd Wood is one of the most consistently successful entertainers in the state. Lloyd is nationally recognized for his contributions to the country music industry. He is also a recipient of the Sagamore of the Wabash: the highest honor bestowed by an Indiana Governor. Lloyd Wood and his band never fail to present an exciting country western show with the greatest country music of all times.
Additionally, Lloyd is an accomplished impersonator, mocking characters from Walter Brennen to Bugs Bunny and an impromtu
comic. You won't want to miss this great show! A Taste of Clark County--food for sale from local establishments.
3. Saturday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. Horse Farming Demonstrations including plowing, disking, etc. at the Fairgrounds.
4. Saturday & Sunday afternoons beginning at 1:00 p.m.- the Heritage Days Draft Horse, Mule & Haflinger Show will take place at the Martinsville Fairgrounds. This show is a Qualifying Show for the North American Six Horse Hitch Classic Series, Classic Cart, the Haflinger Classic Six & the Haflinger Ladies Cart. Hitches from all over the country will be competing.
5. Saturday Afternoon -- Children's Activities and Corn Hole Tournament
6. Sunday Morning - A Church Service at the Fairgrounds, featuring Saved By Grace. Saved By Grace is a Southern Gospel Singing Group which began after Ken Wise accepted Jesus as his Savior and wanted to find a way to share with others the overwhelming love he had for the Lord. His loving wife, Carla, was delighted and ready to serve in any way. Soon the two were singing in their local church. From that
humble beginning they have traveled all over to bring the gospel through testimony and song. Ken Wise will be preaching at the service which will begin at 8:30 in one of the pavillions near the horse barns.
Sunday Afternoon - Draft Horse, Mule & Haflinger Show with a miniature horse exhibition between classes of the Show. See
Schedule. Children's Activities
Other attractions will include great food vendors, Heritage Market featuring artists and artisans selling their handmade creations and demonstrations by several artists, including demonstrations of skills that were common in days past but which are not seen as frequently today, such as goat milking, bee keeping, spinning & weaving, and wood carving. There will be barrel train rides, face painting, balloon-tying, candle dipping, ice-cream churning, corn husk doll making, and old fashioned games for children, and horse-drawn wagon rides for all. There will also be a Corn Hole Tournament on Saturday afternoon. The Martinsville Fire Department is also bringing their Smoke House which is always popular with children. All events but the Corn Hole Tournament are FREE!